“I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.” – Ecclesiastes 3:12-13
It’s Monday morning and your alarm goes off! You smack it with little energy and say the dreadful words, “Oh no! It’s Monday and I have to go to work!”
Here is how you can be the sunshine in Monday’s gloom…
2. PRAY FOR/WITH THE PEOPLE AT YOUR WORK and think, “Who can I pray for today?” Your prayer does not have to be a big prayer with a co-worker. Maybe something like, “Dear God, I thank You for Jim or Nicole, and I thank You that we get to serve together to make our company great. Give us the ability to change lives today, in Jesus’ name, Amen!” You will revolutionize their life and yours!
3. WORK FOR GOD, NOT YOUR BOSS! Your productivity will be higher and you will improve at what you do because it is for the Lord. “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17
4. NO COMPLAINTS, ONLY SOLUTIONS: Be that person at work that helps others through their problems and asks them to help you. Pride kills the workplace. However, Everyone loves a team player.
5. GO ABOVE AND BEYOND: I am not saying be an overachiever, but rather hold “you” to a higher standard, not a mediocre one. Jesus is watching and so are the people in the other cubicles.
6. CREATE THANKFULNESS: That’s right! You are the thermostat for thankfulness. Say, “Please,” “Thank you,” and “Excuse me.” Everything Mom taught you! Do not live on the minimum of politeness but soar with it. The people around you already know the world is rude, so “kill” them with kindness.
7. NO “ANGRY-PANTS” ALLOWED: We can get frustrated over the paper and people, but realize one thing, you are working because God has placed you as his ambassador in order to be the difference maker and represent Him. Anger happens when we are wronged or our pride gets wounded. Let God fight your battles at work, and you just represent him in your work.
Your Life at work is not just for a paycheck, but rather a God-check!
I’m praying for you….Thank God it’s Monday!